Thursday 16 February 2012

Welcome to my Blog



Well, this is the first entry in my new craft blog. I started this blog because I wanted to keep a record of the projects that I do; and I also wanted a place to share my ideas and projects (and other cool things I find out that others are working on), especially for projects that benefit a worthy cause. Over the next few days I will be taking pictures of some of my creations and posting them on here. I’m excited to see them all in one place! 

My name is Christine, and I grew up in Calgary and currently live in Guelph, Ontario. I’m trained as a high school Biology and English teacher, but I currently work as an outdoor educator at a nature centre, and as a community programmer in a multigenerational community.

I’ve always loved crafts of all kinds - as a child, instead of having a play-room, I had a craft room! At one time or another I’ve played around with or made all of the following: plasticine, corking/finger knitting, friendship bracelets, wire jewelry, sewing clothing, knitting, latch-hook, cross-stitch, and crocheting. Crochet has become my main craft for the past few years, and recently I’ve also gotten back into knitting. This blog will largely focus on crochet because I have the most projects to showcase here, but it won’t all be crochet!

My next post will introduce how I got into crochet, and my first few minor projects; as well as the difference between knitting and crochet, since many people seem to get them confused. As well as 
I hope that you’ll enjoy reading my blog - as well as showing off and chronicling my projects, I’ll also include some tips and techniques for crochet and other crafts (for any crafters who are reading this), as well as highlighting great resources (patterns, tips, tutorials, videos) that you can check out, and also projects that you can be part of that are in support of a charity or another good cause.

I’d love to get to know the folks who are reading this blog, so go ahead and leave comments and let me know who you are & what you think of what I post (let’s keep it respectful though, ok?).

WARNING:
A little warning before you go any further - there may be a few pictures thrown in of my kitty Nikko - he’s the handsome fellow in the picture above. Like any self-respecting cat, he loves playing with yarn, and loves curling up on soft things. So whenever I’m working on a project, he’s always interested! He’s so cute I can’t help but take pictures of him cuddled in amongst my projects. So I apologize in advance for too many pictures of my little kitty!

No comments:

Post a Comment